This January, Sustainababy is eco challenging you to TAKE TIME OUT for your chance to WIN an Endota Day Spa Cocoon Gift Voucher valued at $120!
All mums work hard. Eco mums, due to the nature of bringing some tasks that are conventionally outsourced back into the household, tend to work a little harder.
Tasks such as using cloth nappies, cooking from scratch, planning your family meals, walking rather than driving are super rewarding for the environment, family budget and health, but they tend to rely heavily on mum to make them happen.
I know just how difficult it is for mums to look after themselves as it is something I personally struggle with, but it is SO important. If we eco mums don’t put ourselves first occasionally there is the potential that we can burn out, become resentful of the extra effort required to live greener, and throw the towel in. To help you look after yourself and achieve your sustainabe living goals, we’ve teamed up with Endota Day Spa this month to offer you an awesome incentive to take time out and put yourself first for a change.
I’m not suggesting you ditch the family and escape for a week to a health retreat, but instead would like you to make a concerted effort during January to look after yourself, take a break, however short, and be mindful of where you come in the family’s well being stakes.
How you Take Time Out is entirely up to you but may include:
- going to bed early or sleeping in at least once during the month
- soaking in a bath
- reading a novel
- having a girls night out with your mum’s group
- treating yourself to a massage or facial
Document your journey of discovery through the month for your chance to WIN an Endota Day Spa Cocoon Gift Voucher valued at $120. The voucher can be redeemed in any Endota Spa across the country and includes a billabong foot bath, dry body brushing, warm oil cocoon, scalp massage and full body massaging. If these treatments aren’t for you, you can exchange the voucher for a standard 1 hour massage or facial.
Endota Spa are top of my list of places to visit whenever we travel to Adelaide and my husband often gifts me one of their treatments for my birthday or our anniversary. Over the years I have been visiting Endota I have always looked forward to their treatments using their increasing range of quality organic body products, pleasant staff, welcoming organic tea and clean rooms. Endota is a brand I personally value and for this reason, I am even more thrilled to offer the January Eco challenge for you.
Keen to do the Eco Challenge? This is what you’ll need to do:
- Request to join our closed Sustainababy Monthly Eco Challenge Facebook Group here. In this group you’ll meet heaps of other like-minded eco mums doing the eco challenges who can help you along the way.
- For the month of January make an effort to take time out for yourself.
- If you’d like to be in the running for the prize, email a short summary of your journey (500 words maximum) and supporting photographs with subject line “January Eco Challenge” to firstname.lastname@example.org before midday AEDST Friday 7th February 2014. Please ensure your summary is grammatically correct as the winning summary will be published word for word on the Sustainababy Blog.
The winner will be contacted by email and their summary will be published on our blog no later than 5pm AEDST Wednesday 12th February 2014.
So what are you waiting for? Put yourself first for a change and TAKE TIME OUT!