28 September 2014
Love Your Lunch Box and WIN
As mothers, we understand the importance of nutrition in childhood development. It’s not just important for the obvious physical development though. From the moment our child is born, food plays an integral role in the development of our young child’s brain function and behaviour.
We may know the importance and benefits of good nutrition, but it’s often an uphill battle selling nutritional food to our youngsters. It’s even more of a battle when you add in all the advertising for packaged snacks and fast food targeted at little people and busy Mums!
Well it’s time for a makeover this month. A makeover of the lunch box variety!
We’d LOVE you to join us.
Healthy, nutritional food doesn’t have to be boring. This month we are giving you the chance to win a a Yumbox Bento lunchbox and matching So Young Insulated Lunchbox Bag combo valued at $70, by inviting you to makeover your lunchbox and share how you did it ~ the successes, the things that didn't quite work and the resulting transformation for you and your family.
But you won’t be going it alone. Here’s how we will help:
We will be introducing you to two experts in the field of health, nutrition and well-being. Our experts will be sharing their tips for packing practical, healthy, lunch boxes for kids of all ages. And what’s even better is that they are busy, real life Mums just like us!
We’ve got LOADS of creative lunch box ideas from Yum Box and will be sharing these through the closed Facebook Forum, so make sure you click here to join.
We will be uploading our own real life lunch boxes on Instagram. Be sure to follow along and you can join in too by using the tag #loveyourlunchbox @sustainababy.
You can even follow our dedicated board on Pinterest.
If you are keen to be part of the Love Your Lunch Box Eco Challenge during October, then this is what you’ll need to do:
- Request to join our closed Sustainababy Monthly Eco Challenge Facebook Group here. In this group you'll meet heaps of other like-minded ecoceptional mums doing the eco challenges who can support you along the way.
- For the month of October ditch the pre-packaged food and makeover your lunch box. Fill your lunch box full of your own healthy, creative, nutritious and practical food and snacks.
- If you'd like to be in the running for the Yumbox and So Young prize pack, tell us about your Love Your Lunch Box makeover.
You can either do this by:
- Creating a video and posting the link on our Facebook page;
- Blogging about the Sustainababy October “Love Your Lunch Box” Eco Challenge on your personal or business blog (and posting the link to our Facebook page);
- Sending through a collation of photos documenting your transformation ~ you could do this through Instagram; OR
- Emailing a short summary of your journey (500 words maximum) and supporting photographs with subject line “October Eco Challenge” to email@example.com before 5pm AEST Wednesday 5th November 2014. Please ensure that your summary is grammatically correct, as the winning summary will be published word for word on the Sustainababy Blog.
- The winner will be contacted by email and their summary will be published on our blog no later than 5pm AEST on Friday 7th November 2014. Our October Eco Challenge is open to Australian and international residents.
Can’t WAIT to see your makeover results this month! Share the lunch box love.