29 October 2014
Turn It Loose and WIN
We love a lot of things at Sustainababy, but if you’ve been following us for a while now you’ll know that the plastic bag is most definitely NOT on our ‘love list’.
Did you know that about one million plastic bags are used worldwide every minute? [Every MINUTE!] Or that a single plastic bag can take up to 1,000 years to degrade?
How many plastic bags do you use each day?
This month at Sustainababy we are asking our Eco Challenge community to break up with the plastic bag and Turn It Loose by saying, “No!” to plastic in the supermarket, around your bread and in the home. Sound tricky? Our friend Rebecca 4myearth is here to help!
4myearth produce funky, organic alternatives to the humble plastic bag, including bread bags, food covers and 100% cotton produce bags. My absolute favourite products are the food wraps and pockets, which are perfect for the lunch box, and the bread covers, which are a must have for those of use who bake our own bread!
You can see their range here.
Throughout the month of November there will be support from other EcoceptionalTM Mums like you in our Eco Challenge Facebook Community. You can request to join the group here. There will be blog posts and updates on Pinterest and Instagram. You can join in too by using the tag #turnitloose @Sustainababy.
Share your journey to Turn It Loose and you will be in the running to win a 4myearth prize pack of two bread bags, two cotton produce bag packs (three bags in each pack) and a food cover value pack. This is a great prize valued at over $100.
If you are keen to be part of the Turn It Loose Eco Challenge during November, then this is what you’ll need to do:
- Request to join our closed Sustainababy Monthly Eco Challenge Facebook Group here. In this group you'll meet heaps of other like-minded ecoceptionalTM mums doing the eco challenges who can support you along the way.
- Ditch the use of plastic bags for the month of November and get creative with alternatives in the supermarket, for your bread and in your home.
- If you'd like to be in the running for the 4myearth prize pack, tell us about how you managed to “Turn It Loose” and break up with plastic.
You can either do this by:
- Creating a video and posting the link on our Facebook page;
- Blogging about the Sustainababy November “Turn It Loose” Eco Challenge on your personal or business blog (and posting the link to our Facebook page);
- Sending through a collation of photos documenting your transformation ~ you could do this through Instagram using hashtag #turnitloose @Sustainababy; OR
- Emailing a short summary of your journey (500 words maximum) and supporting photographs with subject line “November Eco Challenge” to email@example.com before 5pm AEST Tuesday 9th December 2014. Please ensure that your summary is grammatically correct, as the winning summary will be published word for word on the Sustainababy Blog.
The winner will be contacted by email and their summary will be published on our blog no later than 5pm AEST on Wednesday, 10th December 2014. Our November Eco Challenge is open to Australian and international residents.
So, what are you waiting for? Turn it loose and ditch those plastic bags for good!