26 October 2013
Sustainababy November Eco Challenge
This November Sustainababy is eco challenging you to GET YOUR KIDS GRUBBY for your chance to WIN a Gardening 4 Kids Gardening Pack valued at $94.
If your garden is looking a little overgrown and tired after winter, November is the month to turn off your TV, dress your kids in old clothing, slap on a hat and sunscreen and give your yard some love.
Gardening is great for kids. It connects children with nature, encourages healthy eating habits, teaches children about responsibility, stimulates all five senses and relaxes children just to name a few! To learn just how gardening is great for kids click here.
You don't need to live on a quarter acre block in suburbia to excel in this challenge either. Some large pots, a windowsill and a good dose of creativity can see you reaping the benefits of gardening even if you live in a unit or townhouse.
How you get your kids grubby is up to you but may include some of the following:
- Starting a vegie patch
- Growing your own mushrooms
- Installing a compost bin or worm farm to take all your food scraps
- Adopting some chickens
- Joining your local community garden
- or simply, making mud pies!
Document your journey of discovery through the month for your chance to WIN a Gardening 4 Kids Gardening Pack valued at $94. This pack includes everything you need to give your kids a green thumb: a Twigz My First Gardening Tools Set, one Twigz Watering Can (choice of colour), one dirtgirlworld Go Get Grubby DVD and a planetecoVegie Patch Kit.
Keen to do the Eco Challenge? This is what you’ll need to do:
- Request to join our closed Sustainababy Monthly Eco Challenge Group here
- For the month of November endeavour to Get Your Kids Grubby in your garden in as many different ways you can.
- Write a short summary of your journey (500 words maximum) and email your summary and photographs with subject line “November Eco Challenge” to firstname.lastname@example.org before midday AEDST Monday 9th December. Please ensure your summary is grammatically correct as the winning summary will be published word for word.
- The winner will be contacted by email and their summary will be published on our blog no later than 5pm AEDST Wednesday 11th December 2013.
So what are you waiting for? Get out there and get your kids grubby!