29 June 2014
Live with Less this July and WIN with Clutter Rescue
My New Year’s Resolution many years ago was to get rid of the piles of ‘stuff’ in my home. There were piles of paperwork ‘stuff’, projects-I’d-been-meaning-to-do ‘stuff’, last week’s lunchbox ‘stuff’, even piles of never-used get fit ‘stuff’.
‘Stuff’ that I had been meaning to use, or do something with, or make a home for – and, if I’m honest, a lot of redundant ‘stuff’ that I’d purchased on a whim.
I knew that if I could just sort my ‘stuff’, put some good organising systems in place, and learn to live with less; I would have more time for the stuff that’s important. After all, the stuff that’s important in life is not ‘stuff’, right?
It’s not just ‘time’ that my stuff was costing me. The environmental cost of my ‘stuff’ could be measured directly by the number of hardly-used items that were headed for landfill, not to mention the waste of resources used to create idle products, unless I acted immediately!
Does this sound like you?
This month Sustainababy is teaming up with Helen Butler, Founder and Director of Clutter Rescue, to talk on the blog about getting organised and ‘Living with Less’. In the meantime, we’re inviting you to join the "Living with Less" July Sustainababy Eco Challenge for your chance to WIN a place on the Clutter Rescue 28 Day Organising Boot Camp.
Clutter Rescue helps busy Mums, just like you and I, obtain more balance in their lives. Clutter Rescue Founder and Director, Helen is renowned for sharing her real and honest advice on the best ways to get organised, to create a decluttered space and schedule, and to develop helpful kids.
If you are keen to take part in the “Living with Less” July Eco Challenge, this is what you’ll need to do:
- Request to join our closed Sustainababy Monthly Eco Challenge Facebook Group here. In this group you’ll meet heaps of other like-minded ecoceptionalTM people taking part in the eco challenge who can support you along the way;
- For the month of July, make a concerted effort to declutter your life and live with less. Maybe you will deal with your ‘stuff’, downsize, develop some organising systems or simplify your weekly routine;
- If you’d like to be in the running to WIN a place on the Clutter Rescue 28 Day Organising Boot Camp, you will need to tell us how you lived with less throughout the month of July.
You can either do this by:
- Creating a video and posting the link on our Facebook page;
- Blogging about the Sustainababy July “Living with Less” Eco Challenge on your personal or business blog (and posting the link to our Facebook page); OR
- Emailing a short summary of your journey (500 words maximum) and supporting photographs with subject line “July Eco Challenge” to email@example.com before 5pm AEST Tuesday 5th August. Please ensure that your summary is grammatically correct as the winning summary will be published word for word on the Sustainababy Blog.
The winner will be contacted by email and their summary will be published on our blog no later than 5pm AEST on Wednesday, 6th August 2014. Our July Eco Challenge is open to Australian and international residents.