31 December 2014
Take time out this January and WIN
This January we’re eco challenging you to TAKE TIME OUT for your chance to WIN a Mummy Time Out Pack valued at over $87 from the Naughty Naturopath Mum.
All mums work hard. Ecoceptional mums, due to the nature of bringing some tasks that are conventionally outsourced back into the household, tend to work a little harder.
Tasks such as using cloth nappies, cooking from scratch, planning your family meals, walking rather than driving are super rewarding for the environment, family budget and health, but they tend to rely heavily on mum to make them happen.
I know just how difficult it is for mums to look after themselves as it is something I personally struggle to prioritise, but it is SO important. If we ecoceptional mums don't put ourselves first, there is the potential that we can burn out, get run down, become resentful of the extra effort required to live greener, and throw the towel in.
So this month, we’re challenging you to look after yourself, take a break, and be mindful of where you come in the family's wellbeing stakes so you can continue to achieve your sustainable living goals.
Alisha from the Naughty Naturopath Mum has offered a Mummy Time Out Pack with her favourite products to help mums slow down as our monthly prize. This pack, valued at over $87 includes a Slow Down Blend, Calm and Clear Spray, Calm and Clear Moisturiser and Mumma Magic.
How you Take Time Out is entirely up to you but may include:
- going to bed early or sleeping in at least once during the month
- soaking in a bath
- reading a novel
- having a girls night out with your mum's group
- treating yourself to a massage or facial
If you're keen to be part of the "Take Time Out" Eco Challenge during January, then this is what you’ll need to do:
- Request to join our closed Sustainababy Monthly Eco Challenge Facebook Group here. In this group you'll meet heaps of other like-minded ecoceptional mums doing the eco challenges who can support you along the way.
- To be in the running for the Naughty Naturopath Mum Prize Pack, tell us how you took time out in January.
You can either do this by:
- Creating a video and posting the link on our Facebook page;
- Blogging about the Sustainababy January “Take Time Out” Eco Challenge on your personal or business blog with a link to the Sustainababy webiste (and posting the link to our Facebook page);
- Sending through a collation of photos documenting your journey ~ you could do this through Instagram by using the hashtag #taketimeout @Sustainababy; OR
- Emailing a short summary of your journey (500 words maximum) and supporting photographs with subject line “January Eco Challenge” to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm AEST Tuesday 10th February 2015. Please ensure that your summary is grammatically correct, as the winning summary will be published word for word on the Sustainababy Blog.
- The winner will be contacted by email and their summary will be published on our blog no later than 5pm AEST on Friday 13th January 2015. Our January Eco Challenge is open to Australian and international residents.
So what are you waiting for? Put yourself first for a change and TAKE TIME OUT!