26 August 2014
Create Sustainable Family Mealtimes and WIN
What are mealtimes like at your place? If you are like most families these days, it can be difficult to schedule time so that everyone can sit down and share a meal together. And if you are like most families with children, it can be a battle just to get everyone sitting, let alone keep the food on the plate (or even the table!) and to encourage everyone to eat a variety of healthy, sustainable food options.
If this sounds like your household, then the Sustainababy September Eco Challenge is for you.
Meet mealtimes expert, Jo Turner, author of the book Mealtimes Without Mayhem, and creator of the Toosh Coosh booster seat and toddler trays. Toosh Coosh booster seats revolutionise family mealtimes, giving kids the support and height they need to be able to sit properly at the dinner table with toddler trays to contain the mess!
This month we are giving you the chance to win a Toosh Coosh booster seat, toddler tray and Meals Without Mayhem cookbook valued at $95.
For the month of September we are challenging you to re-think the mayhem and create sustainable family mealtimes at your place. This might include:
- Creating some family friendly recipes or menu plans using sustainable, seasonal and local ingredients;
- Reworking your schedule so that you organize to have a family meal together a few times a week;
- Getting organized and reducing your reliance on takeaway or pre-packaged frozen meals on those busy nights;
- Sharing the challenges of baby and toddler mealtimes with others and developing tips for making mealtimes run more smoothly;
- Create a collage of family mealtime photos for the month. You could even tag us on Instagram #sustainablefamilymealtimes @Sustainababy.
If you are keen to be part of the Sustainable Family Mealtimes Eco Challenge during September, then this is what you’ll need to do:
- Request to join our closed Sustainababy Monthly Eco Challenge Facebook Group here. In this group you'll meet heaps of other like-minded ecoceptional mums doing the eco challenges who can support you along the way.
- Spend the month of September making mealtimes with your family 'sustainable'.
- If you'd like to be in the running for the prize pack from Toosh Coosh, tell us about sustainable family mealtimes at your place.
You can either do this by:
- Creating a video and posting the link on our Facebook page;
- Blogging about the Sustainababy September “Sustainable Family Mealtimes” Eco Challenge on your personal or business blog (and posting the link to our Facebook page); OR
- Emailing a short summary of your journey (500 words maximum) and supporting photographs with subject line “September Eco Challenge” to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm AEST Tuesday 7th October 2014. Please ensure that your summary is grammatically correct, as the winning summary will be published word for word on the Sustainababy Blog.
The winner will be contacted by email and their summary will be published on our blog no later than 5pm AEST on Wednesday, 8th October 2014. This eco challenge is open to only Australian residents.
Did you know that Toosh Coosh is going green globally with eco friendly products ~ and you can help! Take a look here before 31 August 2014 to see how you can help Jo kickstart the next step in the Toosh Coosh journey. You will receive some fabulous rewards in exchange for your pledge. A win for everyone!
So what are you waiting for? Change your mealtime mayhem this month!